Thursday, May 21, 2009

Potty Training Update

Question: Just how is potty training going?

Answer: It's not.

Just. Does. Not. Get. It.

Am I beating my head against the wall? Do I just need to wait until he shows more signs of being ready? Should I just strip him naked for the entire three day weekend ahead and resign myself to lots of carpet and couch scrubbing? Should I just call up preschool now and give up his spot for fall?

Sigh. This child will go to preschool in September, even if I have to hide a Pull Up inside his underwear and pray for no poop during two three-hour sessions a week.

2 comments:

JerseyBaby said...

Sit back. Take a deep breath. And smile. You have MONTHS until preschool starts. Give yourself until August to go with hard-core training. More often than not, it's the kids who go cold turkey after their third birthday who get it right away. And if he has a few accidents at preschool, so what. They won't kick you out for that.

Michelle said...

Okay, deep breath. I think I screwed myself though because he is no longer interested in diapers during the day. Only undies or Pull Ups. But he's just not telling me at all when he has to go, so this equates to a lot of laundry and a lot of $$ for Pull Ups. Oh well, we'll get there. Dylan was just so much younger and it took about three days w/him. Not the norm, I know.