Tuesday, May 19, 2009

proud and teary

Next Thursday night, Dylan's kindergarten class is putting on a program for the incoming kindergartners as well as their parents. They'll be singing several songs they've been practicing. And really, its a ceremony representing them passing from kindergarten to becoming 1st graders next year. My eyes are already welling up just typing this. I can't wait to see him up there on stage with all of the kindergarteners. Today, the other room mom and I tye died all of the shirts for the kids to wear. They'll look so cute!

So today I asked him to practice singing his songs for me. One of the songs is "Make New Friends, But Keep The Old", and his little voice is so sweet singing it. Tonight he quietly told me, "Mom, sometimes when I hear that song, it just makes me cry a little. Its just so beautiful."

And my heart just about exploded right then and there.

No comments: