Thursday, December 10, 2009

all aboard the crazy train

This week has been just a wee bit nutty ..... For one, I'm on the committee planning the Winter Wonderland at Dylan's school this coming Saturday and lately its been all meetings, errands and more errands revolving around event preparation. Saturday I will be up before dawn, helping to manage a pancake breakfast and four hours of holiday games and kid shopping at the school. This is the type of stuff I live for (sick in the head, I know) and once we're in the event seeing the kids having a blast, all this work will have been worth it.


Yesterday presented an unusual dilemma for us. Andrew had an all day meeting at the Pentagon, and I was asked to attend a meeting for my part time marketing job. My job is always very flexible and almost always from home. However, this meeting was a once of year type of situation and I really wanted to go. The meeting was two hours away and thus our dilemma for childcare. We've been very fortunate that we both have some flexiblity on this whole working from home thing and we can usually work it out between us when stuff like this comes up. But this time, Andrew was going to be an hour away in one direction, and I was going to be two hours away in the opposite direction, so it was time to call in Grandma Lynn for extra reinforcements. Logan needed dropped and picked up at preschool, Dylan needed to be fetched from the bus stop, guided through homework, dinner made... it was a full day with Grandma!


And when I wearily arrived home at 7:30 pm, I found this awesome gingerbread house awaiting (right before I fell over exhausted). Crafting with Grandma is a great way to spend the day, great job guys!

No comments: