Wednesday, December 16, 2009

a queen Christmas

Just stopping in for a quick second between party planning, gift wrapping, homework, fudge making, gift wrapping, holiday card addressing, volunteering in the class and working and....

Christmas is a mere 9 days away and other than a few stocking items, I'm in pretty good shape (mentally, not physically *see Chex Mix recipe*). Winter Wonderland went off splendidly this past weekend at D's school. The only problem was, I was so tired I pretty much felt like I had a hangover for three days afterwards. A small price to pay for being part of such a fun event for the kids. Then it was time to throw the MOMS Club holiday party which was on such a smaller scale than the WW event, it felt like cake.

Now we're heading into the boys' school holiday parties. Dylan's is this Friday and even though I'm not his room mom this year, I'll be helping with the party. Its always fun, loud, and crazy to go into his class and spend an hour or two with 25 mostly wild but all very cute and sweet first graders. Today when I was volunteering at school, one of D's classmates told me a whole (somewhat disconnected) story about how his Dad used to have a weinreimer but he had to go to the Vietnam War. "Your Dad?," I asked. "No, the dog!" he replied looking at me like I was totally clueless.

And then there's Logan's party this coming Monday. They'll have a holiday program in the church sanctuary first, followed by a class party. Very little has been disclosed about this program; the teachers have been very secretive about it all. So the other day, we asked Logan what song he's singing at his concert. And wouldn't you know, he promptly answered, in all seriousness, "We Will Rock You". And after I stopped laughing, I could just picture it, an entire stage of three year olds rockin' the house Freddie Mercury style. Hmmmm, maybe I need to modify his outfit from a nice festive sweater to something more like this? Do they sell pleather pants in a 3T?

No comments: