Thursday, December 3, 2009

the bribe

Our boys both have ziploc bags in their underwear drawers with some cash they've collected from birthday cards, chores, the Tooth Fairy (in Dylan's case), etc. (If you are a robber and reading this, I assure you there is not enough cash in there to buy anything but perhaps a small kitchen appliance or maybe these days, a Tiger Woods trading card.)

Last night, behavior before dinner was, well... it was just plain ridiculous. And as a result, we took Wii privileges away from the boys until this weekend.

Today while Dylan was at school, Logan continually asked to play Wii over and over again. And I continually responded with a "No, remember its been taken away because of last night..." And he'd just ask again 15 minutes later and I'd repeat myself.

Finally, after several hours of this, he asked again and I again responded no. He thought about this for a moment, then gave his sweetest smile and with a twinkle in his eye said "You can have my money Mom."

I still said no.

1 comment:

MG & BAS said...

You didn't take the cash? Awesome story!