Friday, February 13, 2009

all the way to the moon


Today was, of course, Dylan's Valentine's Day party at school. Boy, how times have changed since I was in kindergarten. I remember writing out Valentine's cards and dropping them in decorated boxes all my friends had made. Dylan's oh-so-efficient teachers decided to pre-distribute Valentine's earlier this week so that today at the party, the kids could focus on crafts and dancing. Dylan wrote all of his 27 cards himself last week, and we sent them in earlier this week for the teachers to handle.


I love this opportunity I have to be room mom for Dylan's class. This is what I always dreamt about when I first left work to stay home with the kids. Its so special to get to go see him at school and help create a fun, memorable day for all of the kids. The teachers and kids are so appreciative of everything the room moms do, and I'm really enjoying the role. I hope I can do it for both boys through their school years. Andrew works from home on any party days so I leave Logan at home and just focus on doing this for Dylan and his classmates. Thanks, honey!

As one of the two room mom's, I had an important job today. FOOD! Yesterday I made 48 cupcakes. The kids got to frost and decorate them today as part of the party. Here is Dylan with his cupcake. He was pretty modest with the sprinkles. Some of the kids put at least 1/4 cup of sprinkles on their mound of frosting.


Next, it was onto the snow globe station. Except he couldn't make a girly pink one, so it was green instead:



Then it was onto homemade bookmarks. Don't you love his festive shirt? He had to wear his Tony Hawk today. Valentine's Day attire isn't exactly made for boys anyway.


And it wouldn't be a party without dancing! Look at his arms in the air, he's ready for an AC/DC concert.




Here is the sweet Valentine's card he made for us:





Andrew, Dylan and Logan, I love you all so much. As Dylan says, all the way to the moon and back again and back again again. I couldn't ask for three better Valentine's than my three guys.

Happy Valentine's Day to All!

No comments: