Wednesday, February 25, 2009

little boy, big attitude



Dylan's been wearing the sassy pants lately. We're not sure if its a school thing or I'm-five-going-on-13 thing. Talking back, bossing Logan, not listening..... Fortunately this behavior only seems to occur at home and not at school. We've removed video games of all sorts for a little while to see if he pipes down the attitude.

I got an email from his school today, telling us to save a date in May when the current kindergarteners invite their parents and incoming kindergarteners to school one evening, and sing to them, welcoming them to kindergarten. Its a night for the current kindergarteners to say goodbye to kindergarten, and hello to first grade. My eyes well up just typing about it. Big boy school. All day. Wow.


I was looking through some old photos today, realizing just how fast they grow up and reminding myself he's pretty cute when he isn't being sassy. When I look at photos of Dylan when he was 2, I barely even remember him looking that way, or what his voice or laugh sounded like. Thank goodness for photos and videos. The photo up top was taken Christmas night, 2005, at my Mom's when Dylan was just over 2 1/2.


These below were taken in July 2005, Dylan was 2 1/4.




He turns 6 in about six weeks. Slow down, my sweet little boy.

1 comment:

Julie said...

You had me fooled!!! I would've sworn it was Logan in those pics! crazy!