Friday, February 20, 2009

what we've been doing

Its the time of year known as the Preschool Registration Shuffle around here. I feel like I've visited half the preschools in our town in the past two weeks, trying to decide where I want to register Logan for next fall. Its a painful and annoying process because they all operate registration differently. And the demand for preschool is so high around here, they all know they have us by the balls. Most of them work on a lottery system. Your application is placed in a pile with everyone else, and names are randomly drawn. Some schools might have 300 forms in the pile and only 10 spaces to offer. It was easier for me to get into college. I've narrowed it down to my two favorites and we'll take our chances. Once you accept a spot (if one is even offered), you have to cough up the money to save it. And if you change your mind, you can kiss your money goodbye. So I'm really only taking my chances with my favorite two schools. We might have to settle with getting on a wait list for one of them and hoping a spot opens up over the summer.

Next fall will be the beginning of a whole new deal. Dylan will be in school until 2:45 each day. If Logan gets into preschool, he'll go two mornings a week. Two mornings I could go to the gym, get some work done, or even just use the bathroom by myself with no one flipping the light switch on and off. A girl has to dream big!

No comments: