Tuesday, September 8, 2009

First Day of First Grade


And just like that, my little man is off to a whole new adventure.

He got up easily at 6:30 this morning, got dressed and headed down for a bowl of cereal, fruit and yogurt. Put on his shoes and backpack, patiently posed for front porch photos and arrived first to the bus stop, ready and eager.

I already miss him. Its a little strange, knowing he's gone until 2:50 this afternoon. I didn't realize until last night that I was nervous for him. Thinking of how many new situations he'll find himself in this year and just hoping that he'll remember to make the right choices, do the right things. To always be kind to other kids, and to always respect his teachers.

First grade. Another milestone he embraces with a smile on his face.

I can't wait to hear about his day and see his smile when he gets off the bus.

No comments: