Friday, September 4, 2009

so long, summer break

I saw a quote in a parenting magazine a few weeks ago that struck a chord with me. How can summer break seem so long and so short at the same time. Many days I didn't know if we'd all survive until bedtime, what with all the wrestlemania thru the house, whining and begging to play just one more video game. But most of the time, we stayed on the go this summer, taking in all the summer had to offer at full force. And here we are, the Labor Day weekend upon us. Three more days of no schedules, no homework and no mandated early bedtimes.


This week we took advantage of the cooler temperatures and played outside as much as possible. The boys and I went to a local farm one day, enjoying a wagon ride, seeing all the animals (including a baby calf less than 24 hours old!) and then a picnic.





I'll miss these free-wheeling days, but it feels right for the school year to begin. It's time.

No comments: