Wednesday, September 23, 2009

gleek!



Tonight, my new favorite show is on. Have you seen it yet? Its been a long time since I found a new show worthy of latching onto.


First, the description of the show as a comedy/musical might sound like a turn off. I'm not really a musical kinda gal. In fact, I've only seen five of the movie musicals listed on the AFI's Greatest Movie Musical List. I'd make a terrible gay guy.


But this show is awesome. Its for anyone who ever felt like an underdog in high school (and who didn't?). The adult relationships are entertaining, endearing and dark with some very unlikely love triangles. Jane Lynch is hilarious; just as funny as she was in The 40 Year Old Virgin. In last weeks' episode, some of the male faculty members (mostly older and overweight) form a boy band called the "Acafellas" and energetically perform the Bel Biv DeVoe song "Poison". There is also something very John Hughes-esque about it. How can you go wrong?!


Its mindless, funny, and brilliant all at the same time. And, it just got approved for a full season, yay! I guess I'm officially a Gleek.

No comments: