Friday, September 4, 2009

First Grade!

We attended open houses at both Logans' preschool and Dylans' elementary school this week. As much as I've been in denial this summer, our big guy is getting ready to embark upon full days of school for the first time. I'm sad. I'm excited. And he'll do great, he always does.

Last night, Dylan got to visit his first grade class, put his school supplies away, meet his teacher, and get the lay of the land. All the while, I signed up for a few volunteer opportunities to help throughout the year. School starts Tuesday and a whole new journey begins!


This is Dylan's teacher, Mr. P..

Ready to rock 1st grade at his very own desk!

Logan's school event this week was adult-only. I'll get some photos of him there when I have my first teacher conference with his preschool teacher next week.

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Just found your blog from facebook. Love that Dylan has a young male teacher. Hope this bodes well for the boys in the class. Someone who is young enough to remember being a 6-7 year old who needed to release some energy! Look forward to hearing how it goes.

Michelle said...

Going well so far! I don't think I ever had a male teacher in grade school. There are quite a few at Dylan's school in higher grades, so he could very well have another in the future. I think its great!