Sunday, September 27, 2009

i heart yard sales

So I'm a little late with this photo, but better late than never right? This past July, Grandpa Joe and Grandma Bobbie paid us a visit and we had a little cookout action. Uncle Chris, Aunt Jessica and Josh and Maya came over for some grub (if I recall, I believe Andrew smoked some meat that day) backyard play and cold beers (okay, juice boxes for the kids). Anyway, we mananged to wrangle all the kids together and snap this photo of us all, which rarely happens. Bella even snuck into the photo and I got to hold my favorite (and only!) niece.



We're expecting Grandpa Joe again this afternoon for the next few days, and we'll be heading to Dylan's school Fall Fair this afternoon (my awesome spouse is there pre-making cotton candy and inhaling spun sugar right now). The fair was postponed from yesterday's torrential downpour and it appears the sun might be starting to peek out.

However, many good things came from yesterday despite the monsoon. We harvested our second garden cantalope this morning, along with some awesome looking Heirloom tomatoes and beans.




Shopping our huge community yard sale yielded me a awesome new kitchen table and chairs (straight from Arhaus, it looks like it was hardly used, and its totally so comfortable and I got the whole set for a steal can you tell I'm excited?!), Andrew scored a Big Green Egg (BGE) - the Cadillac of ceramic smoker grills (retail price new $750, we got it for $75!), the boys got a (loud and obnoxious) table top air hockey/pinball game, and we also found a great, huge over the fireplace mirror for $5. Love it! Oh, and Andrew and I actually watched a movie last night for the first time in months. Not bad for a rainy Saturday.

No comments: