Monday, March 10, 2008

rock stars

What a whirlwind day! And no pictures to show for it. I took the camera to Brynn's birthday party, only to discover when I got there that I had left the battery at home. Oh well. Anyway, we had a great time jumping on all the moonbounces. Thanks, Brynn (and Kristin, Erwin and Kate)! Brynn and Dylan have been friends since they were just weeks old. And now they are turning FIVE. When did they all get to be such big kids? Dylan's birthday is April 14th. Every birthday is so bittersweet. Its so exciting watching your children grow and discover what they can do. I often wonder how much of their childhoods my kids will remember, and which specific memories they themselves will recall when they are grown. I hope they'll remember lots of love and laughter.


Dylan saw the movie Underdog over the weekend, and there is a scene where Underdog sees a beautiful girl dog, and the song "Lady" by Styx comes on. So Dylan's been running around singing "Lady, when I'm with you I'm smiling....". He has always loved music, and his ability to remember song lyrics is pretty amazing. Since I can remember, he has been able to hear a song and pick out which individual instruments he can hear. He has pretty eclectic tastes too (thanks to Andrew) and some favorite bands include The Cult, White Stripes and Rush. I wonder if his love for music will continue through the years and what his first real concert will be? And if he'll call us at 2 a.m with some story about how bad traffic is, and he'll be home as soon as he can, but its all a lie to cover up the fact that his irresponsible drunk friend is puking on the side of the road... Ummmm, sorry, that was me! (Sorry, mom!!). Oh Dylan, you will not be able to get away with anything because I DID IT ALL! I'll be watching you!


Logan has discovered recently The Wiggles, and apparently he shares a similar passion for getting his groove on. He will bend over forwards and bounce his little butt up and down, or just start spinning in mad circles. Today at music class, he loved playing the instruments and interacting with the teacher. He is so social! Neither of our kids seem to be wallflowers, that's for sure.

No comments: