Monday, March 17, 2008

So you think you had a bad day?

When I get older losing my hair,
Many years from now.
Will you still be sending me a valentine
Birthday greetings bottle of wine.


No...but you will be sending her $50M.

Speaking of single men...

This weekend I played "single dad" to the boys as Michelle went out to play with her girl friend for the weekend. I took the boys to IHOP for pancake dinner.

When did IHOP become so depressing. Is it just an early Saturday Evening thing? There were maybe 5 parties in the place. Two of them older gentlemen, eating alone widower I thought. Three others looked like me, a guy with his kids eating pancakes for dinner. But I had the only wedding ring visible. The music was awful. Gloria Estefan’s “How did I lose you now” or something of that sort was followed by a constant string of depressing ballads of love lost. Had I found the secret burial place of the single dad?
One of the guys asked how old my kids were in an attempt at male bonding. He stated we were in the same boat, wrangling pre-schoolers by ourselves. I didn’t want to dispatch him further in despair by acknowledging the fact that I was in the “Just visiting” corner of his monopoly board of life.


The pancakes were awesome, and for $13 I got a decent sized and modestly tasty steak with serviceable fried shrimp, hash browns and Italian wedding soup. Logan enjoyed his pancakes and learned what Tabasco is.


No children were hurt in the creation of this post. This is my first post on this blog.

1 comment:

Da Doo Run Run said...

Yay! We get to hear from Andrew, too! Awesome!